Here’s a sample Cover Letter we recently produced for a IT Sales Director in Australia.
In this article, you’ll learn:
- About the IT Sales Director Role
- What Hiring Manager Look For In IT Sales Director Cover Letter
- IT Sales Director Job Opportunities
- Job Hunting Tips from our Resident Headhunter
IT Sales Director Cover Letter [Full Sample]
Here’s a full IT Sales Director Cover Letter sample, which we wrote for a client recently.
[If you know the name of the Hiring Manager, personalise your application by addressing the person directly. Job ads on LinkedIn, for example, display the name of the person posting the ad.]
It is with great interest that I submit my application for the position of IT Sales Director at XYZ company. With more than 20 years’ experience driving sales, business development, and partnership growth, I’ve had the opportunity to oversee end-to-end recruitment and client acquisition process, and clinch strong recurring revenue stream through effective relationship management. My experience with sales and business development, combined with my passion for technology and innovation, would allow me to solve critical challenges facing our customer’s secure environment. With my proven track record leading sales and solution delivery, I am confident I am an ideal candidate for XYZ company. [Summarise your work experiences as an IT Sales Director, which will help give the hiring manager an idea of your best skills and focus areas. Metrics help to establish context and scale for your work.]
- Presently, I am an IT Sales Director with ABC Company, where I oversee business and partnership growth and development. I developed and managed existing client portfolio, commercial development, and sales lead generation, driving corporate sales and ensuring business sustainability. [Focus again on your key skills as required by the job ad. Highlight relevant working experiences and that are directly relevant to the target job role.]
- Among my various achievements during my career, I am most proud of having increased regional revenue to USD35M with growth excess of 50% within 3 years, and generated >USD2M of revenue within 1 year of introducing new IT product solutions to clients. [Highlight your best achievements and include quantifiable metrics where possible to support your capabilities. However, do be mindful of your company’s confidentiality clause in mentioning actual revenues/sales figures.]
My background in establishing effective business partnerships, identifying and capitalising on new sales opportunities, and implementing strategic and tactical sales plan will allow me to contribute effectively to XYZ company’s continued growth and performance, particularly by connecting clients with a solution for every stage of threat prevention. [Focus on complementary skills that were not previously mentioned, but are directly relevant to the target job role.]
I am thrilled at the possibility of being part of such a renowned firm, and would love the opportunity to meet with you and discuss the value that I can bring to XYZ company. I appreciate your time and consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you. Please feel free to contact me at any time via mobile at +61 12 1234 5678 or by email at email@example.com. [End off your Cover Letter with a call-to-action – show your enthusiasm in meeting your potential employer, and provide them ways you can be contacted.]
About the HR Manager Role
HR Manager is a relatively generic title that could encompass a wide variety of HR work scopes. Depending on the size of the organisation, a HR Manager may have overlapping responsibilities.
In smaller organisations, HR Managers may lead a team of HR staff that handles various aspects of HR management, including compensation and benefits, recruitment, training, and payroll.
In larger organisations, HR Managers may have clearly defined, separated roles in HR management, and typically lead a team of specialised HR staff.
Regardless of organisation size, a HR Manager’s role is extremely important in the operational aspect of any organisation. Great organisations understand the value of hiring great talent. It’s the HR managers who are responsible for bringing this kind of excellence to the organisation.
What Hiring Managers Look for in IT Sales Director Cover Letters
- The IT industry is extremely broad! Emphasise your knowledge of the IT industry by clearly describing your area of expertise and skills e.g. cloud-based solutions, ICT, Fintech, etc. Identify specifically what you can bring to the role and organisation – this helps the hiring manager to assess that you are an ideal fit.
- Use numbers to highlight tangible business results you’ve achieved i.e. % revenue gain, key accounts captured, cost savings, market penetration, or any other achievements within a time period.
- Excellent communication and people skills are critical for this role! Showcase your ability to communicate and work effectively with teams and key stakeholders across organisational levels, as well as nurture and maintain relationships with key partners and clients.
- Speak about IT projects and sales strategies which you have spearheaded and led. As a high-level executive, you will be expected to set strategic direction, and effectively manage teams to deliver on projects and achieve sales goals.
IT Sales Director Job Opportunities
Job Hunting Tips from our Resident Headhunter
- Create a winning cover letter and send it along your resume. The cover letter will serve as an introduction about yourself and is a great venue to answer the question “Why should we hire you?”
- Be active on social media, particularly on LinkedIn. Make sure to create a strong online profile that represents you and you professional experiences. Here’s our comprehensive guide on writing a great LinkedIn profile.
Before You Go…
Before you start sending out applications, send us your resume for a free CV feedback analysis from our team. We’ll review your CV in detail, share personalised feedback on its strengths and weaknesses, and show you how you can improve it.